Are you suffering from Covid 19 Fatigue? Honestly, we are too. But we must remain vigilant.
“Canada’s chief public health officer is calling on Canadians to resist giving in to pandemic fatigue as novel coronavirus cases among young people surge across the country.” We find this worrisome and we encourage all our clients and their family members to follow Health Canada guidelines to stop the spread of Covid 19.
Since mid-March, our clinic has undergone many changes and gone above and beyond to manage the effects of the Covid 19 pandemic for our clients and our business. It has been quite the journey, resulting in our practice decreasing to just 2 days per week in April and May, and slowly growing back up to 5 days per week. We are happy to say we are now open Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, closed on all holidays, Saturdays and for lunch from 12noon to 1pm.
Though we always practiced Universal Precautions prior to this pandemic, we quickly implemented more rigorous measures which have become our “new normal” such as:
- Phone/Email screening of all clients for Covid 19 symptoms
- Encouraging clients not to bring extra guests to facilitate physical distancing
- Requiring staff/clients to wash their hands and hand sanitize upon entering and leaving
- Requiring staff/clients have their temperature taken with a contactless thermometer
- Requiring all staff and clients to wear a face covering
- Daily sanitizing of all high touch areas, floors, phones, computers, etc. by professional housekeeping staff
- Disinfecting of all high touch surfaces during health care services
How are we keeping our spirits up through this pandemic and managing the Covid 19 fatigue?
Faith and humor. Faith that we all get through this together. Faith that to everything there is season and this pandemic WILL pass. Hopefully, with us all a little wiser and stronger for it. They say, “laughter is the best medicine” and it really is. We try to focus on the funny things and positive outcomes from this pandemic, such as cleaner air, more people working from home and being closer to their families. We always appreciate a good joke from our clients too. In fact, we live for that! Our clients make our day lighter and remind us daily of what we must be grateful for.
Learn more about our COVID policies and procedures here
Stay safe and well everyone. We WILL get through this together. Let’s all continue to do our part.
Kathleen Cesarin, CEO